Inspired by Melissa Soule http://www.CandidlyMelissa.com
25. People may not understand the reasons you do the things you do, but people who truly care about you will support you.
24. Change is inevitable. You have to learn to roll with the punches. Sometimes the change turns out to be amazing.
23. One day someone who has loved you for as long as you can remember can suddenly have a change of heart, so instead of being fearful of that, make the time you have and share with them magical. The memories will get you through.
22. Friends will come and go. Different circumstances in life will lead you down different paths. Try to be understanding of that. Its not personal, life just happens.
21. Break ups happen and they suck. Lean on friends that are empathetic. EMPATHY will get you through.
20. These are some of the best years of your life. Cherish them hold onto the good, let go of the bad.
19. Don’t rush into college. Take your general education and really think about what you want to do.
18. Living on your own is hard. The struggle will mold you into strong, independent person.
16. High school isn’t really preparing you for the real world. Go shopping with your parents, watch them do their taxes, prepare yourself.
15. Be kind. You never know what someone is going through. Just a simple smile can make someones day.
14. Don’t compare yourself to the friends around you. You all come from different walks of life. They might have what you don’t but you don’t know how they got it.
13. Learn to enjoy your alone time. You need it.
12. Don’t believe everything you read or see on the internet. People let you see what they want you to see.
11. Think before you speak. You never know how the things you say can impact another person.
10. Racism isn’t something you’re born with. Its taught. You might start to lose some friends as you get older due to different ideas of what is okay to say to one another.
9. As much as you don’t like working, its something you have to do. Find a job you enjoy and work it well.
8. Learn to love Mondays, they really aren’t that bad.
7. Develop your own form of a self care routine. You might not think you need it, but you do.
6. You deserve more than what he’s giving you. Abuse isn’t something that should be acceptable. Sometimes sorry isnt going to fix it and “I love you” can’t be enough.
5. Having depression and anxiety doesn’t make you weird. You are not alone. Talk about it. Others can help.
4. You won’t always do the right thing, but its how you learn from it that matters. Don’t beat yourself up over thibgs that happened years ago.
3. Forgiveness isn’t something that makes you weak. It makes you stronger than imaginable. Its a weight lifted from your shoulders.
2. Your parents don’t always understand that they are the ones that are supposed to mold you into the person you are supposed to be. Your parents aren’t always right.